Friday, August 24, 2012

While I had a moment...


My new box of Stampin' Up goodies arrived on Tuesday and I only had time to check off the packing list against the contents of the box :(

I found myself with an hour to myself Wednesday afternoon and decided to dig into my goodies and see what I could come up with!  This card was the end result!

Halloween usually is not my kind of holiday.  Sad but true.  However, the new Halloween products in our Holiday Catalog are just too incredibly awesome to pass up!  I love this kitty!  I've decided it's a "She".   Stampin' Up calls her Frightening Feline... I call her Spunky!  I wanted to use our new Googly Eyes on her but they were too large for my liking.  I ended up using mini black brads.  I love the way she looks stamped in my Black Craft Ink and Clear Embossing Powder!  Flat black just would not do for this little Minx.



I used the Large Scallop Edgelit to cut a border in Tangerine Tango to coordinate with the strip of our new Howlstooth and Scaringbone Designer paper then cut about 1/4" off the front of my black cardstock so the scalloped edge is the front edge of the card.   For the tag, I cut cardstock 2 3/4" by 3 1/2", rounded the corners with the 3/16" corner rounder and cut the top corners off with a square punch.  The tag is attached to the card front with Dimensionals.   I love when quick and easy cards come out fabulous!

Thanks for stopping by!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment