Monday, November 19, 2012

Get Well Wishes


LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this card!

I was "surfing the 'net" yesterday and stumbled across a version of this card and just had to make it!  It's a "leaves" thing with me - I could do "Fall" themes all year 'round!  I am so excited about this card and I hope this photo does it a little bit of justice!  If this is your card that I'm CASE'ing, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due!

I started with a base of Early Espresso, which I'm almost out of!!! Horrors!!!  then I added a layer of More Mustard, followed by a layer of our new Core'Dinations cardstock in Early Espresso (Holiday Catalog 127848 $6.95 12 sheets of 12x12).  That top layer was zipped through the Big Shot with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder (Holiday Catalog 127821 $7.95) and sanded with the 
Stampin' Sanding System (Holiday Catalog 129367 $3.95) to reveal the inside layer.  

My sentiment is from Perfectly Penned stamp set (Annual Catalog pg 132 W: 122890 $16.95 C: 122892 $12.95) stamped on Very Vanilla with Early Espresso Classic Ink.  The layers behind it are More Mustard and Old Olive cut with a shape from the Apothecary Accents Framelits (AC pg 191 127003 $24.95).  I cut one of each color, cut the More Mustard piece in half the long way and layered the pieces under the Old Olive piece.  An Antique Brass Brad (AC pg 174 Metallic Brads 119741 $6.95) balances out each side.  The whole sentiment panel is attached to the card with Dimensionals.

For my leaf cluster, I cut the leaf shapes with the Autumn Accents Bigz Die (Holiday Catalog pg 33 127812 $21.95) with Very Vanilla cardstock.  I then inked up my stamps from the coordinating  Wonderfall stamp set (Holiday Catalog pg 33 W: 128084 $24.95 C: 128087 $17.95) and stamped my designs onto my leaves.  The colors I used were: More Mustard, Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso and Crumb Cake.   Some of my leaves are attached to the card with Snail Adhesive and others are on Dimensionals.  I then wrapped hemp twine (non-SU ) around the card panel and tied a bow.  I then added a brown button I had laying around to the top.   The whole panel was then added to card base.  For the inside of the card (not shown), I cut a panel of Very Vanilla and sponged the edges with Early Espresso.  I then stamped a row of leaves along the bottom.

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed today's project!
If you have any questions about the techniques I used here today, please don't hesitate to ask!

I will also take this opportunity to say Happy Birthday to my dear Hubby!  
We are not together today but I'm with him in my heart.
I will see him on Wednesday :)

Have a great day!
Mary

BTW: Today is the first day of our Online Extravaganza!!!  
The Bigshot (used a lot on this card!) is a Today-Only Doorbuster Deal and is on sale for 20% off!!!!  
Regularly $99.95, you can buy it today only! for only $79.96!  
The super cute and incredible awesome Big Shot Doctor's Bag is also a Doorbuster today!!!  Regularly $69.95, you can purchase it today for only $55.96!  
The other Doorbuster Deal of the day is the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate for $9.56 
(also a 20% savings).  
For a complete list of all of the Online Extravaganza Savings, 
visit my website or send me an email.  Happy Shoppping!!!! -Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment