Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanks A Bunch Catalog CASE


I made this card as a Thank You for a Workshop I have coming up.  
I wanted to highlight some of the fabulous products we have in our Holiday Catalog 
while thanking my Hostess for holding her workshop.  
I hope she likes it as much as I do!

This card is featured on page 30 of our Holiday Catalog.  
I hope I did the original artist's creation justice!  

The card base is Island Indigo.  In the original card, they used the Netting background stamp (AC pg 127 122655 $17.95) and stamped it in Island Indigo for a tone-on-tone look.  However, I am sorry to say that I do not own this stamp - Yet!  Grin! - so I had to use a retired background stamp - ouch!  The designer papers are from the Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper Pack (Holiday Catalog pg 28 126895 $10.95).  I cut the striped piece 1 1/2" by 4 1/2" and used a square punch to flag the end.  I then took a coordinating pattern from the same DP pack and cut a 4 1/2" strip with the 
Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (AC pg 183 119275 $15.95).  
I cut that strip in half and attached half to each side of my striped piece with snail adhesive.  

The original card was a landscape card but, because my flagged piece ended up a little too short, 
it was at this point that I changed mine.  I thought it looked better this way.  

The image panel starts with a piece of Lucky Limeade cardstock cut with a die from the Window Frames Collection Framelits Dies (Holiday Catalog pg 30 129021 $26.95).  I then used a die the next size down to cut my inked image.   I chose the "Thanks a Bunch" image from Friendship Preserves (Holiday Catalog pg 30 W: 127910 $21.95 C: 127913 $16.95).  I colored the stamp with Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo markers - exactly as the original artist did.  
I then ran a length of looped Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (AC pg 172 119959 $5.95/10yds) 
under the cut out stamped image and attached it with snail adhesive.  
I then "popped this up" onto my Lucky Limeade piece with Dimensionals.  
Then that stack was attached to the card front with more Dimensionals.  

I loved this card when I first saw it in the Holiday Catalog and it's just as pretty in person!
I hope you have enjoyed this card and are inspired to CASE it yourself!
Thanks for stopping by today,
Mary 

No comments:

Post a Comment