Thursday, March 7, 2013

All Dressed Up for delivering Birthday Wishes


Good Afternoon!
I am coming to you today from Charleston, SC 
where we are preparing for an Agility Competition that we are entered in tomorrow and Saturday.  
I am looking forward to playing with my dog and I hope we do well enough to earn a few ribbons and, perhaps, a new title too!  But, enough about that, you want to hear about my card!

I recently ordered the All Dressed Up stamp set (from our current Spring Catalog) 
and the coordinating Dress Up Framelit Dies.
I can't wait to play with this set more!  The possibilities are endless!

This card is going to make it's way to a very special girl who is turning 7 next week.  
I hope she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it for her!  

I started with a base card in Pink Pirouette card stock.  
I cut another Pink Pirouette layer, 1/4 of an inch smaller, 
and ran it through my Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder.

Using the largest die in the Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies set, 
I cut a panel in Whisper White and one in Pink Pirouette.  
I embossed the Pink Pirouette layer with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder 
using the Big Shot machine.

I cut the Whisper White layer in half (the long way) and layered it under my Pink Pirouette layer.

Then came the really fun part!
I cut a "dress form" in Crumb Cake card stock with the Dress Form Die 
from the Dress Up Framelit Dies Collection.
Now it was time to "Dress Her Up". 

I chose the stripe pattern from the Birds of a Feather Designer Paper Pack.
From that I cut a dress using what I will call the Princess Sleeve Dress Framelit Die.
Using Snail Adhesive, I attached this to my Dress Form.

I then cut 2 length of 1 1/4" Two Tone Ribbon in Pink Pirouette/Rose Red 
(from the Spring Catalog pg 13).
I wrapped this around the dress leaving gathers in the front.  One layer over the other.  
To cover the "waist", I cut a small length of Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon.  
I wrapped this fairly tight to emphasize the waistline.

To finish off my dress, I punched a small blossom, in Pink Pirouette, 
with one of the punches in the Itty Bitty Punch Pack (pg 183 of the annual catalog).
I attached a small pearl to the center.  

Around the "neck" of the dress form shape, I attached a string of small pearls 
cut from the Pearl Basic Jewels pack.  What a perfect finishing touch!  
A string of 5 pears is perfect here!

Now to add my greeting.
I couldn't do anything too "large" as it would over-power my dress.  
I just wanted a subtle message.

I inked up my little sentiment (most images from Teeny Tiny Wishes, Tiny Tags, Little Friends, etc)
in Pretty in Pink classic ink ( since my greeting was so small, I wanted to make it darker),
on Whisper White,and cut it out with the curved banner from the Bitty Banners Framelits collection.
I then cut another banner in Pretty in Pink. 
 I cut this in half - the long way - and layered it behind the sentiment banner.

My whole card was assembled using Dimensionals, from the first embossed panel on up.

I am truly thrilled with how this card came out and I hope you will try it yourself.
I think this Die Set is going to see A LOT of use!!!

All of the supplies I have used for my card can be ordered in my online store!
If you have any questions regarding today's card, please do not hesitate to ask me!!!

Thanks for visiting me today!
Mary





No comments:

Post a Comment