Saturday, March 2, 2013

Life is a Matter of Moments Scrapbook Page


Happy Saturday Friends!

I have some Scrapbook Classes coming up, as well as a week-long Scrapbooking Retreat, 
so I spent some time this morning designing a few pages in preparation.

This page is pretty much how I sketched it out but it evolved a little bit as I worked on it. 

My page base is a 12x12 sheet of Certainly Celery card stock.  
Certainly Celery is one of the few colors in the Subtles Collection 
that is available in it's own 12 sheet pack 
(Marina Mist and Pretty in Pink are the other two. 
All of the other colors are included in the Subtles Collection variety pack). 

I chose the spray of roses image from the Elements of Style stamp set 
for a border on the left and right edges of my card stock.  
I stamped them in Certainly Celery ink for a tone on tone effect.  


I cut a 1 1/4" x 12" strip of Whisper White card stock 
and used the Zig Zag Finishing Touches Edgelit to cut this strip in half.  
The Edgelit is 6 1/4" long so two passes through the Big Shot and you have two mirror image strips.  
I cut a 4" x 12" strip of Certainly Celery card stock and adhered the white zig zag strips to each side.  
I then cut a 3 3/4" x 12" strip of Whisper White Cardstock to adhere to the center.  

Using my Stamp-a-majig, I stamped the "Life is a Matter of Moments" and the Flourish image, 
both from Elements of Style, 
along the bottom of my Whisper White piece with Certainly Celery Ink.  


I now have ample space for photographs and journaling.  Because I did not add photo mats or journaling boxes to my page, I have a lot of flexibility when it comes time to finish my page.  

I hope you have enjoyed my page as much as I enjoyed creating it!



Ink:

Stamp Set:
Elements of Style Clear Mount / Wood Mount

Tools:

Cardstock:



All of these products can be ordered in my online store, using the links I've provided, 
* 24/7 * and will be delivered direct to your door!

If you prefer for me to place your order for you, simply give me a call and I will do that for you!

Happy Scrappin' 
Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment