Friday, February 26, 2016

Card: Best Birthday


Hello!

Today's card is the result of 
"When Good Stamping Goes Bad!".

I set out to CASE an easel card... 
and practice my watercoloring.
I'm actually impressed with how my watercoloring came out.  



I stamped my flower from the Best Thoughts Hostess set* on Shimmery White card stock with Archival Black Ink.  I also went out of my comfort zone and watercolored with my neglected Tangelo Twist and my Aqua Painter!  The 2014-2016 in-colors have been some of my most favorite colors - Has it really been 2 years already?! - except for poor Tangelo Twist.  I think it really shines on this card though.  I may just have to use it more... before it retires in May.  My leaves were colored with Mossy Meadow - another retiring in-color.  

So, if the coloring went so well, where does the "good stamping gone bad" come in?
Well, it's what happened when I glued my beautiful flower panel onto the front of my easel card - which was already assembled ( note to self, don't pre-assemble! ) only to discover that I put it on sideways :(   Now I had a Z-Fold card... which is fine, just not what I intended.  


I pushed it off the corner of my work table and went to work on another project. 
One of those, "I'll deal with you later" things.
I slept on it and, woke up with a solution.
I'd turn it into a gift card holder!

And there you have it!
A card I just may make again - this time on purpose ;)
Catch my exclusive Facebook video for this card on my Stampin' In The Sand Facebook Page here.  

*earn the Best Thoughts exclusive Hostess set, for free, with a qualifying order of $150 or more, or as a member of my Hostess Clubs.  


I hope you have enjoyed my card!
You can purchase all of the supplies I used in my Online Store.
I've listed them below.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!  

Happy Stamping! 
Mary

supplies used: 
(Finished card size: 4.25"x4.245")
Stamp Sets: Best Thoughts, Tin of Cards, February Paper Pumpkin
Card Stock: Shimmery White, Tangelo Twist, Mossy Meadow
Ink: Tangelo Twist, Mossy Meadow, Archival Black
Tools/etc: Going Places Designer Series Paper Stack, Personal Trimmer, Aqua Painter, Stamp and Pierce Mat, Fast Fuse, Tear and Tape, Circle Punch, 

Join my Sand Dollar Stampers Stampin' Team Get a 20-25% discount on all Stampin' Up! products, including stamp sets, paper, and accessories!  
Contact Me or Visit This Page for details!

Join with a friend and you both earn Free Shipping 
on your first month's orders!  
Contact Me for details! 



*Earn my current full-color Tutorial FREE with $50 purchase.  





No comments:

Post a Comment