Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Distressed Wonderfall


When I walked into my Upline's (Tami White) house for club, this was the first project I saw and I got super excited! As I have said, I LOVE leaves!  I saved it for last too :)  

We used a Soft Suede card base and ran a piece of the new Core'Dinations Card Stock through the Big Shot with the new Woodgrain Embossing Folder (love it!) then sanded with the Stampin' Sanding System.  Next we took our Auntumn Accents Bigz Die to cut leaves and the acorn (another "love it"!), folded the leaves in half and ran them through the Big Shot using the Woodgrain folder again.  This really makes them look more realistic!  We then sponged the edges of the leaves with Early Espresso Ink.  The crown of the Acorn was embossed using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder and running it through the Big Shot.  The Sentiment from Day of Gratitude was stamped in Early Espresso and punched with the Extra-Large Oval Punch then sponged with Early Espresso.  The Leaves and Acorn are popped up with Dimensionals for a layered affect.   

I can't wait to make more of these cards!

Thanks for visiting today,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment