Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bright and Cheery Easy Events Cupcake Card


First, I need to apologize for not posting this yesterday.  
I dropped my Midgie at the Vet first thing in the morning 
and I was kind of a nervous wreck until I picked her up at 2:30.  
(Midge is just fine.  Had a little procedure.  
I am thrilled that everything is a-ok! )
Then we had to rush to the Agility Competition after that. 


We did not qualify in our first run - a fun and challenging Jumpers course - 
but we did a pretty decent job in our Snooker run!  
For those in the know, we pulled off triple 7's (a jump combo) in the opening 
and the buzzer went off before we completed the second #7 jump in the closing.  
Pretty cool!  

Unfortunately, I now have the raging cold that has plagued my Mom since she got here :(
With two packed days of Agility head of me, I'm ready to go back to bed :(
I have no idea how I am going to pull this off!!!!
Drugs!!! Lots of Drugs!!!

But, you want to hear about my card!

I started with a panel of Real Red cut 4 1/4" by 5 1/2"

Then I cut a piece of Daffodil Delight 4" by 10 1/2 and scored it at the 5 1/4" mark.
I used the Oval Embossing Folder from the 
Adorning Accents Folder Pack (IB pg 188 #125601 $8.95) 
to emboss the bottom right corner.  
Using the coordinating Extra-Large Oval Punch (IB pg 184 #119859 $16.95),
I punched out the center.  This creates a "window".
I attached this to the Real Red Panel.
On the front of the card,  I cut a strip of Real Red card stock 
and zipped it through the Big Shot with the an Edgelit 
from the Finishing Touches Edgelit Pack (IB pg 190 #127010 $9.95) 
and adhered that to the left edge.   Then, I cut a strip of of coordinating designer paper from the 
Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper Pack (IB pg 165 # 125409 $10.95)
and adhered that to the left edge of the red piece. 
I then tied a length of Real Red Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (IB #126875 $4.95) 
around the seam and tied a simple knot.  
This whole piece was then attached to left edge of the front of the Daffodil Delight card.


I added a mat of Whisper White to the inside of my card 
for adding my stamped image and greeting.

Through the "window" I stamped the Cupcake on a Stand from 
the Easy Events stamp set (IB pg 34 avail in Clear mount #123225 or Wood #116958) 
in Black Stazon.
This versatile set is a must have for any stamper!  You get 8 images with 8 coordinating sentiments.

I colored my cupcake with my Brights Collection Markers (IB pg 153 #119702 $28.95/10 colors)
in colors that are found in the designer paper.  Then I highlighted select areas with 
Dazzling Details (IBpg 158 #124117 $2.50) for some sparkle :)

Now my card is complete and ready for me to write my greeting!

I hope you have enjoyed todays card and that it brightened your day!

I hope to return tomorrow with another creation but, please bare with me if I don't.  
I am not sure how bad this cold is going to get and, with being outside running all day, 
I just may end up taking the weekend off from my blog.  
Stay tuned!  I will at least be able to update you on how Midge and I do at the Trial ;)

Happy Saturday Friends!
Mary







No comments:

Post a Comment