Tuesday, January 1, 2013

No Peeking!


Is this little Penguin the cutest little thing or what???
When I saw this card posted on Splitcoast Stampers Here, I knew I just had to make it!  
He is soooo adorable!  

Featuring the stamp set:
 No Peeking 
(IB pg 23.  Available in Clear Mount and Wood)

The card base is Real Red cardstock cut and scored so that the front flap folds inward and is adhered with sticky trip to form a pocket for a gift card.  Then Basic Black cardstock is cut to size and the edge is cut with the Large Scallop Edgelit Die (IB pg 190 #127019 $7.95).  Then the scallops are embossed with one of the coordinating Delicate Designs Folders (IB pg 188 #127023 $8.95).  I love the effortless coordination of these products!  

The image panel is Whisper White framed in Real Red and Basic Black.  
I stamped the Penguin and "No Peeking" in Black Stazon (IB pg 157 #102566 $7.95).

The ribbon is Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta (IB pg 173 #109070 $6.95 10yds).  
This is beautiful, soft ribbon that is just so lovely to work with!

I actually stamped the Penguin twice.  Once in the Black Stazon and then again in Real Red.  
I snipped out the scarf and hat from the real red image and glued it on top of the black one.  
The lines under his feet are hand drawn to give him a place to stand :)

I had so much fun making this card and I see myself using this set a lot in the future!  
I got the set a little too late to use it in time for this Christmas 
but I'm getting a good head start on next year's cards :)


For more details on making this card, or any of my projects, don't hesitate to contact me. 
 I'm always happy to help!  And, don't forget, using the item codes I've provided, you can order the products to make these projects yourself 24/7 in my online store!  Just click the link in the right side bar!

Happy New Year! And, as always, Thanks for stopping by!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment